Thursday, November 11, 2010

This and That

I've intended to blog several times about some specific things... but it hasn't happened. Sigh.
Jared and I celebrated our TEN year wedding anniversarry a couple weeks ago. He had no job and, coincidentally, he lost his job just before our wedding day as well. The kids all spent a few days at Jared's parents house and seemed to have a great time. Jared and I just relaxed and slept in, ate a few dinners out, watched movies at home, went up to Canada one day, and saw Inception at the Collossus (I know, we're way behind). We didn't really have money to spend but some memebers of our family blessed us with some money and gift certificates so we were able to do some things. I ended up being sick all weekend and Jared came down with it the last day so that was lame, but we still had a great, relaxing time. We're hoping to take our free cruise in the Spring (or maybe sooner since Jared is out of work). That's another story for another time....
Kylie is officially eating more than the boys are. Growth spurt maybe. We told them all they were not aloud to grow while Jared wasn't working but none of them are listening... :)
We've had a fairly "warm" fall here but now it's starting to get COLD. I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving!
The boy's Sunday School Bible verse for the months is "My God will supply all your needs" So fitting for us in a time like this and so true. We feel very blessed. We're figuring out how to make the money we have stretch and we've been blessed with several very generous (and even anonymous) gifts. Jared has picked up a job leading worship at a local church for the last 6 weeks of the year and we are thankful for that. He's talking with several other people about some job options that look quite positive. He's been unemployed for only 3 weeks and we are hopefully seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. So thankful. Keep praying.
On the other hand, what's up with government health insurance? We do not qualify even though we have zero income. That makes no sense. The kids are all 100% covered and can see their own doctors for which I am very thankful. If I get pregnant than I can immediately get coverage myself. Don't tempt me... (Im' just kidding :))
My parents came to visit (can't remember if I mentioned that). I'm sure I have a bunch of pictures from a whole bunch of things but I don't have them organized... someday soon I hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment