Thursday, April 26, 2012

Reading

I've been going through "teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" with the boys seperately. They really like it. Especially Jackson. I'm not in love with it - I think the boys were a little advanced for the beginning lessons but now it is starting to catch up to them. I skip some parts. You're not supposed to but I'm using it as a pattern to help me have a method of teaching and then fit it to their individual needs. We are on lesson 27. Jackson is a little computer instantly remembering anything. Jaden remembers the concepts better than Jackson but when it comes to reading gets distracted by pictures and anything else he wants to be distracted by :) But both are doing really well. Here's some video of Jackson reading his first book. It got interrupted which is why there is two. Jaden did not want to do this :) So for those interested in Jackson's reading skills.... here he is...

1 comment: