Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 4th

We had a great July 4th but alas, I did not take any pictures.... We had a relaxing morning and then went over to the family's house of a friend of Jared's that he used to work with. They have 2 boys that are older than our boys but they were very good with them. We went to their neighborhood pool and mini splash park. I thought the kids would flock to the splash area and steer clear of the pool. Not so. They used to not want to swim AT ALL. I do not technically own a bathing suit so Kylie went in the pool with Jared and loved it. The boys went in on their own and their head was just above water in the shallow end. I made them stay by the stairs since I have not invested in floatation devices for them (not wanting to spend the money only for them to sit on the side and cry :) ). They LOVED it. Made me wish our neighborhood had a pool. We'll probably try to go a few more times this summer. I'm just not sure what to do about floaties. With 3 kids the age they are, it's impossible to handle them all unless they can float. I need to get them in swim lessons too. Maybe I'll get the boys in this summer. I need to research that. Any suggestions are welcome. Then we went back to their house for a bbq and stayed until it was time for fireworks. They were doing a show about 5 min from us at 9:30 so we decided that was the best option. We were not expecting traffic going to our house and there were actually people parked in our neighborhood so Jared dropped us off near our neighborhood, drove home, and rode his bike to us. The show was great, the kids loved it, and we just walked home after. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment