Thursday, August 2, 2012

Swimming Lessons

Until this year the boys were terrified of water. They know NOTHING about swimming but since they showed interest we got them swimming lessons and joined the pool for the summer. The boys did really well and learned some basic skills that we can work with them on before they move on to the next class. They were very nervous sometimes but did what their teacher said. One day was boat safety day and they wore a life jacket, went in a little boat and got dumped out. On the last day they got to go on the experienced swimmers big waterslide (because a lifeguard was there to catch them). Overall they had a good time and it was a good experience - though they still couldn't save themselves in the water :) They now have a good foundation. During lessons I took Kylie to the little pool for several reasons - for one thing, I did not want to be a distraction to the boys, I didn't want them to look to me if they were neverous, it was HOT, and Kylie would be bored. I could peek in on them though from time to time from the pool Kylie and I were in so we got to see alot of what they did from there. Today, however, was the last of their 8 lessons and Kylie and I hung out and took pictures of them.... Jaden on the waterslide... Jackson on the waterslide....

No comments:

Post a Comment