Tuesday, December 23, 2008

White Christmas

I haven't taken too many pictures lately but there are a few...still on my camera so I'll probably post them along with the Christmas ones.
Over the past 2 weeks (mostly this week) we've had random days of snow. The ground has been well covered for several days and they're expecting several inches again tonight so we will get to enjoy a white christmas! I just hope we can get around to the Christmas Eve service and Jared's parents Christmas day!
We will be having Jared's family over on Christmas Eve after the service which I'm looking forward to and then spending some time at home on Christmas before heading to Jared's parents for the remainder of the day.
The boys love to look at the snow. They call it "no!" so I have to be careful not to get confused :) We took them out in it one day to build a snowman but it didn't turn out to be snowman snow and after a couple minutes they started screaming unless we were holding them.
They are currently obsessed with snowmen (ohmaine)and Christmas lights (Jaden: Leyets!, Jackson: Ooooo LOTS!). They love our tree and the ornaments but have been super good about not touching it (most of the time). We have a star on the top of course (for the boys) and they ask me every morning to turn the lights on.
Last night we watched Rudolph with them and Jaden especially sat there and watched almost the whole thing which was very amazing to me. We watched Frosty on a different night and they liked that too.
A couple nights ago we made snickerdoodles as a family. Jared was standing behind the boys who were sitting on our island and I was putting in the ingredients. Sometimes the boys helped but mostly they just wanted to peek into the mixing bowl after each ingredient was added. We watched Frosty while the dough chilled and then Jared rolled the dough into balls and put them on the plate of sugar for the boys to finish. They would wipe it around in the sugar then put them on the pan. I had to fix them a little but they did pretty good. I love raw cookie dough of almost any kind. So when the boys weren't looking I took a tiny pinch, dipped it in the sugar and popped it into my mouth. Jackson looked up right as it entered my mouth and immediately put the entire dough ball he was holding into his mouth. Jaden saw that and quickly did the same. Jaden seemed to like it (though he didn't try it again) and Jackson thought it was gross so took it out of his mouth and put it on the pan. Gross. :) It was a fun experience and we laughed alot.
We haven't been getting out much with the snow. Actually most of the roads aren't awful and they even plow a number of them near our house - it's just getting out of our neighborhood. The snow is pretty deep and neither of our cars are very high off the ground. Jared is a good snow driver but I completely avoid it.
I can't wait until Christmas, it should be fun - as well as funny to see how the boys react.
We hope all of you have a wonderfull Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment