Saturday, August 22, 2009

Final Update?

Ok, I'm thinking this is really the final update before the baby :)
I was in ALOT of pain for several weeks but that has almost entirely gone away which I'm SO thankful for. Now I'm just feeling REALLY pregnant :) I'm at 38 weeks now and it's really any day. I went to the Dr on Wed and nothing really to report but that he thought it would be another week or so....so....we'll see what happens.
I mentioned previously that we put the boys in their toddler beds. They have actually been quite obedient about going to bed and following some simple rules when they get up. However, they are NOT getting enough sleep! They've done kind of ok a few nights but overall no matter when they go to bed/fall asleep they are waking up between 6 and 7 - usually closer to 7. They instantly wake up and wake up enough that going back to sleep will not happen. I just try to rush in before they wake the other up - which doesn't take long anyway. Then they are almost always cranky the rest of the day due to a lack of sleep. I have tried making their nap longer - they are not sleeping longer. I have tried putting them to bed earlier but they just lay in there awake and get up even earlier. They instantly went from 13-14 hours of sleep between night time and nap to typically 10-11 hours maximum. I realize as they continue to get older they will not sleep as much, however, that is alot of sleep to instantly start missing. They are also getting all their molars in (don't know which ones) which increases the crankiness factor. They have popped through though so maybe, just maybe, when we're through with thatsleep might be better and at least the crankiness much less?
Jared and his sister Angela took the boys to the fair a few days ago. They went in the evening and the boys had a BLAST. I really wanted to go with them but was super tired and just didn't think I had it in me. When the boys came home they chattered nonstop for quite a long time about all they saw and did. They LOVED the animals - especially the cows. They kept telling me they heard the cows talk which was funny to me until I realized they probably have never heard a real live cow moo before. They told me they saw piglets, cows that talked, ducklings, bunnies running in a wheel and a cow getting a hair cut. They were also excited about the free parking shuttle that was a big yellow school bus. On Thurs some friends of ours had some free tickets and invited us so I decided to try. I wouldn't feel as badly about finding a place to sit down and do nothing if it cost nothing to get in so I gave it a shot. I kind of regret it because I actually didn't sit much and was pretty miserable by the end....but....it was still alot of fun and great to see the boys enjoying it so much! When we told them after their nap we were going they couldn't stop talking about it and were SO excited. We saw all the animals again of course which they loved. Jaden, however, kept saying "cows (or whatever animal we saw) no eat Jaden" he was not afraid or anything - just stating it as a fact - weird. They also got to go on the merry-go-round with dad. We went over to look and Jared said something about taking them on. I told him they would likely be really scared and it was expensive. They must have heard us because they kept saying "I want to go on that!" In the end Jared took them on and I stayed off and took pictures. Jackson was fine the whole time and Jaden freaked out when they got on until it started going then had fun. When it was over they were REALLY disappointed and wanted to go on again but we told them they would have to wait till next time.
So that's about it from here. Your prayers would be appreciated as the baby is almost here and I'm ready but kind of anxious. Pray for good nurses that I like and a stress free delivery and that I won't be too overwhelmed (by a variety of things) immediately after!
Here are a bunch of pictures that I'm not taking the time right now to organize but include the trips to the fair, a 2nd trip to Krispy Kreme, playing with our friend Olivia, sporting a couple hats Aunt Angela got them in Guatemala, a few baby items I made (taggie blanket, receiving blankets, and bouncer cover) and maybe some more. Oh, there are also (at some people's request) a couple pregnant pictures of me. they are not flattering to say the least but at least now I have them. They are the only ones I've taken so I thought I better do it :)

2 comments:

  1. The boys are so awesome!!! Love them so much!! Love you guys too and you look beautiful pregnant:) Awesome job on the things for the baby they look great! Hope you feel ok and call if you need anything:)

    Love Angel, Dom and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember going to the fair just last year, and trying to walk with both boys holding my hands. They had just learned to walk, and they totally didn't get that we should all be walking in the same direction. It was a riot! Love these photos, and can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete