Thursday, February 22, 2007

Early Arrival

The twins have arrived! Jackson William Bryant was delivered on Saturday, February 17 at 4:54 pm weighing in at 4lbs 13oz. Jaden William Bryant was born by C-Section at 5:29pm weighing in at 4lbs 3 oz. They are 8 weeks early. We had no reason to suspect they would be so early as my pregnancy has had no complications or bed rest. My water broke on Friday night and I didn't know that's what it was. My contractions began at around 9am on Saturday and again, I did not know that's what was happening. I went into the hospital at around 3:00pm and they could feel Jackson's head so they rushed me to the operating room (where they always deliver twins), got me medication just in time (praise the Lord!) and I delivered Jackson. They couldn't get Jaden turned around so they delivered him by C-Section. I was in the hospital until Wednesday evening and am home now, but still recovering. Jackson is in the Special Care Nursery under the blue light and connected to several things. Overall he's doing fairly well - just young and under developed. On Sunday night they airlifted Jaden to a NICU in Everett as his lungs were very underdeveloped. Today he is doing well though he is still being given a very small amount of oxygen, under the blue light and breathing over a vent. Jared has visited Jaden several times and today will be my first time. Both babies were put on a feeding tube but will not tolerate the formula - they will only tolerate my milk. So... it's alot of driving back and forth between home, the hospital, and Everett (approx 1 hour away). I will give more details later but wanted to give a quick update and include some pictures. You can click through the album below to view the pictures. Another place to view them is at http://jacksonandjaden.shutterfly.com - at shutterfly you can also order prints for yourself.

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

Here is a somewhat long video of me holding Jackson for the first time. We didn't realize it would take so long to get him disconnected!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rachel! They are so beautiful! I will be praying for you guys - for rest among other things. Hope the boys can come home soon. I can't wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprise! Congratulations, you two... Wish I could be there to hug you and see the boys. We will be praying for a quick homecoming, and for lots of help and support for the two of you during the new parent adjustment! Blessings to you all...

    ReplyDelete