Saturday, June 2, 2007

Interesting Day

I can't really say today was a BAD day, but not really GOOD either. I suppose it all worked out in the end. But here are a few strange things of the day.

First I wake up to discover our next door neighbors (who haven't moved in yet) are putting in a fence. Now, this isn't really a problem except that they put in a NORMAL fence and the people behind us just put in some sort of PLASTIC fence (It's actually nice and is apparently better than wood) On top of that the two fences don't connect. We were waiting until the lawn got put in (TODAY finally)to talk to both neighbors about fence plans. Apparently we're too late. So now we will have a mismatched fence that doesn't even connect! I guess we should have just had the builder put in the fence instead of waiting to talk to people. AHHHH! We'll see what we can come up with. On the bright side, we don't have to pay for 2/3 of our fence!

Second, the people putting in our fence used our water to fill the post cement. Of course WE pay for the water. Actually this is no big deal, but I find it odd that people would use someone elses water without asking, especially when the people's house they are at have water of their own.

Third, we found just the right spot for our sprinklers and then the people putting in the lawn just came over and grabbed one to put on the lawn they laid. I appreciate them wanting to water that part of the lawn, but again, I find it strange.

Also, we've been in our house 2.5 months now and have yet to have our 30 day warrenty. They are only open when Jared is at work. Now these people are all very nice but it's getting frustrating because we have no rack in our coat closet and our ceiling fan/light switches don't work. There are other things too, but they aren't annoying. Also we've had a couple other problems that aren't the builders fault so we're not quite sure what to do, nor do we have alot of time to deal with them :)

And finally, I THINK the boys are teething....WHAT? OK, so I think it's WAY too early for them to be teething. Part of me wants to be wrong, but the other part wants to be right because otherwise we need another explanation. They have been fussy, and have a RIDICULOUS amount of drool. They eat their hands and move their mouth like they're eating but when I feed them more they just chew and don't eat (except at normal feeding times) I thought they were having a growth spurt and are just hungry (which I still haven't ruled out) but they seriously won't eat MORE. So now I have no idea what's going on or what to do. I called the dr. who told me the phone number was good 24/7 only to find out it's only open Mon-Fri during certain hours.

So, this was a strange day but it ended up quite good. I'm STILL up at 1 in in the morning because I thought the boys would wake up to eat and they haven't and I still want to stay up because i know the moment I get comfy, the tears will start. I have no idea what I'm doing! :) Maybe I should just go wake them up. They ate ALOT today though (since I kept feeding them!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Julie Trinks shared your blog with me, I hope you don't mind. I love reading about your boys and seeing pictures as they grow. As a recent twin Mommy I understand what you're going through.

    I know when my girls were 3 months old I thought for sure they were teething, for the same reasons you do for your boys, but we didn't see any teeth until 2 days before they hit 6 months old. My doctor said that they just start drooling a lot at 3 months old.

    Anyway, good luck with everything! I'm glad they slept so long for you last night. Feel confident that relief is on the way. My girls are almost 7 months old and they go down around 7:30 p.m. and sleep until about 6:45 a.m. Its fantastic... although I admit I do miss those middle of the night quiet moments (sometimes...most of the time I really enjoy the sleep!!).

    Good luck!!

    Take care!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just moved into a brand new house too... and we've been STALKING the builders to come and fix our stuff too.

    They're finally coming in next week. YAY!!!

    Stalk 'em, girl!!!

    Jenni
    www.jenniclayville.com

    ReplyDelete