Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Poor, Clumsy Children

That being said....I'm quite thankful that with 2 little boys we have not yet made a trip to the ER. Jackson hasn't had too many injuries other than a couple bruises here and there. However, in the past week he slipped on the beach and scraped up his hand on barnacles, tripped on himself on our patio and scraped up his elbow and both knees, and he tripped on himself again in his room and scratched his head on the clothes hamper (didn't know that could even be possible) so though everything is very minor he looks a little banged up :) Jaden hasn't had too many incidents but looks pretty rough no matter what happens....first he fell down the stairs a while back outside onto our patio (I'm surprised this has not happened more often) and scraped his hand, knee, and head pretty badly, tripped in nursery and fell on a stair (um....ok....?) and tore most of the skin off of his nose. This actually was not bad at all but it LOOKED AWFUL. Then tonight just before bed he and Jackson were goofing around with daddy and banged heads accidentally. Jackson came out just fine but Jaden got a big, dark lump above his eye. We iced it as much as a 2 year old will let you and later on (they ended up staying up a while) he mentioned to me that his eye was feeling better. We'll see what it looks like in the morning!
In other news, they are obsessed with baseball and everything is a baseball bat apparently. Jared worked with them tonight on hitting but of course they had a short toy bat (not intended for anything really) and a large bouncy ball. Jaden just thought the whole things was fun so didn't focus too much on making it happen but Jackson was pretty serious and got to where he could time his swing to hit it. He was so proud!
Jaden can now reach the light switches without standing on anything and was SO proud and excited the first time he did it - you would think he had won a million dollars.
So, the potty training - not going so well still. Well, I shouldn't say that, but no one has ACTUALLY gone yet. I'm sure as soon as someone does one time we'll be on a faster track and I thought for SURE I'd get Jaden tonight. He drank 36oz of juice/water in about 20 min time and then asked to go potty (though I'm certain his motivation was 1 m&m for being willing to sit there). He even randomly wanted to read a book while he was sitting there (weird) despite all this nothing happened. sigh. Maybe tomorrow :)
We've had a few days of Jaden being mr grumpy pants and he has argued with EVERYTHING - just to argue. At least he's saying no thankyou :) It is SO frustrating but sometimes really funny because it's so ridiculous. Sometimes Jaden will be cranky about something and Jackson will give a giggle (over something random and unrelated) and Jaden will say "no funny!" and it's all we can do not to laugh.
Though there aren't many, I really need to get the pictures off my camera to post :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...I miss my boys SO MUCH. You have no idea!!! We've gotta get on Skype SOON, or I'm gonna go CRAZY! I don't want them to forget their Geep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading a book on the potty....Brandt does that. I think it's a guy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to tell you...Jaden should consider himself lucky that he gets an M & M for going potty. Brandt gets a cheerio. I will use that as a reward as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete