Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dates

My dad is in town this week and I have had the opportunity to take both boys out on a date by themselves (Jared hasn't even gotten that yet!) and it has been alot of fun. We have eaten lunch at Bob's and it's so funny to see their different personalities. We really haven't done this. Sometimes Jared and I would each take one of them but we haven't really done anything like this before. I was noticing that Jaden especially needed it. Both boys had fun and obviously enjoyed having one on one time with mom but for Jaden it was clearly important to him that I was focusing on him and he was obviously disappointed when it was over. For Jackson it seemed a little more about getting to do everything Jaden did the day before. I asked them both alot of questions and Jaden would kind of answer but would rather tell me things or have me do things with him (coloring and stuff). Jackson would answer questions and I would often ask him repeat questions to see if his answer was the same. Many times it wasn't but he was always quick to answer. It was really funny. Here are pictures and a video of me interviewing Jackson. I had wanted to ask Jackson (before this video) who was his best friend but didn't think he'd get it so here's what happened... Me: Who is your favorite person? Jackson: my froggie! Me: Who is your best friend? Jackson: Jaden Oh, and he clearly has no idea that Christmas exists, what it means or what you do. I'd ask him about it and he would think, then say "I don't know" The boys were very excited to see the other one come home and whoever stayed home got to play with playdough with geep!
Date with Jaden

Date with Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment