Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Update on Bob

I talked with the vet today and the news is a little better than I had thought from her message. I my last post I said he had the type of skin cancer that spreads. I was confused. While it CAN spread it is very unlikely to and takes a while when it does. What IS likely to happen is that he will get more spots like the one we had removed that are cancerous. It will not be the same instance of cancer but because he's had one allready it's an indication there will be more. This is also unlikely to kill him - especially due to his age since it can take so long to spread if it ever does. I also mentioned there is another spot beginning to form. She said to keep an eye on it and we probably don't need to remove it unless it's really bothering him or getting so large that we think it's gotten pretty deep. If even more spots appear in the future and we choose to have them removed it will be a little less expensive to get them all done at one time. I hope to not ever need to make that decision. AND I know bob hopes to never wear this stupid cone around his neck again! I am taking it off in the morning and hopefully keeping it off!So...better news than I thought and I hope he doesn't get any more spots and he can be with us a while longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment