Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Time is Here

It's been long enough since I've blogged I can't remember everything I need to update on.
I think the boys are getting excited about Christmas but I don't think they really grasp it. It will be fun this year! They've certainly enjoyed all the decorations everywhere.
We took them on a COLD COLD night to a lighted parade in Lynden and they loved it. They even ate their first candy canes.
The whole Bryant family went down south to "The Lights of Christmas" and it was COLD and SNOWING. It wasn't windy though so it wasn't too bad since we were dressed warmly. There were tons of lights, a petting farm, kettle corn (I really think that was Jackson's favorite part), train ride and a pony ride. We did it all - except Jackson did not want to ride the ponys. Jaden was very excited about it and Jackson said "nope because they are too fast". He wasn't upset but this was his very matter of fact answer every time. he wasn't even disappointed that he missed out. Grandma took Jaden and we thought for sure he'd back out. The pony's are big and someone else needed to pick him up to put him on. But he did it without one concern and LOVED it. the pictures of this night aren't great since it was dark - and then my battery died half way through. It snowed that day but we were safe on the road and I'm glad we went.
Kylie is 3 months old and almost 16 pounds! I'm having a hard time finding the appropriate size for her to wear mostly because she's so tall. unfortunately there will be a number of outfits she'll only wear once :( but I have them all lined up in the closet so we can be sure she gets to them all (I hope :)) She smiles and talks all the time. I think I've heard some actual laughs too. Within the past week she's gotten really good at picking her head up. So I have to be more careful now of what she may be able to do and she gets frustrated if she can't see what we're doing and tries to move her head. I think she's starting to prefer the bumbo to the bouncer seat though she does get worn out. She LOVES watching her brothers play. She's been sleeping at night in her crib the past couple weeks and doing fine. Not sleeping as long as she did in the swing but we're still getting at least 7 or 8 hours. Then I feed her, put her in her swing, and she sleeps a few hours more. Really I think the reason she's waking up is because she's unswaddling herself. It's impossible to keep her swaddled these days - but she refuses to fall asleep without it. She cried for an hour the other night. I thought for sure she'd just eventually fall asleep but she didn't. i went and got her and through her red teary face she gave me a huge smile. Guess she didn't know I was just being mean and letting her cry :) So I swaddled her and she was fine. We'll see how this progresses. I'm also getting them all to nap at once most days. Kylie will take a small nap in the morning (30 min to 1 hr) and then I put her down usually before I put the boys down and she will often sleep a few hours so this is a nice change for me.
The boys are doing well but sometimes don't take much of a nap which is a bummer. They talk a mile a minute and are learning alot. They are DEFINATELY not lacking in energy!
As I mentioned, we had some snow and the boys LOVED it. Last year they really hated it but couldn't wait to play in it each day (there were only a couple). They would throw snow at you and say "I snowed you!"
Enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment