Sunday, May 2, 2010

Look Both Ways

Recently Jaden has become SUPER concerned about looking both ways when crossing the street. They've always been good about it and it's something we've taught them. However, now when approaching a street Jaden constantly tells us we need to look both ways. Then he stops and very dramatically looks both ways for quite some time (to the frustration of drivers at crosswalks) while we're crossing if a car is approaching at a distance he freaks out. If he crosses with Jared before me he keeps turning around and telling me to look both ways and is very concerned. We thought it was weird. Then the other day I watched an episode of Barney with the boys and they made a BIG deal about crossing the street and they sang a song about it (to which Jaden sang along). During the song all the kids looked both ways very dramatically (just like Jaden) and then I understood. :)
On another note, Jaden has discovered the word "why". Currently it is almost always directed to Jackson but I know my day is coming.....


-- Posted From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh...the joyful "why" years just beginning! Can't wait for him to ask me why. About anything!!

    ReplyDelete