Friday, May 7, 2010

WEIRD

Have you heard of Spokeo? I think it's ridiculous. If you want to be found or you want to find someone then I guess it's for you. However, I don't like what they know about you and decide they can post - or in many cases what they THINK they know about you.
You have to pay to get all the information on yourself or anyone else, but there's plenty of free info there. I'm in there complete with address and phone number. And more. For free. However, here are some interesting facts about us that are NOT true and I wonder where they got that "info" from...
Jared: apparently he's African-American, our home is valued at over $1 mil, we have no kids, our house was built in 2001, he's in his 20s and 30s at the same time and there's a picture - but it's not him - AND the person isn't even African-American. oh, and he also likes to knit.
Rachel: i have a college degree, i'm in sales and marketing, i have no children, my home does not have central heating, and several pictures - none of which are me.
I was tempted to pay the fee to see what else they think they know about me but decided against it.
See what I mean? Anyway, you can click on "privacy" at the bottom of the page and delete your info. Which I did.

2 comments:

  1. Some of those people searches are strange. One took my email address from my ISP one time and said that I actually worked for my ISP and numerous other positions I never worked for. Then there's the British actor confusion that always comes up on me.

    Just looked up us. I'm not in there yet, but my dad is listed both here in GA and back when we lived in AR. It put our house at $1M+ as well which is a joke. For his picture, they put a bulldog! Mother's info in Arkansas was inaccurate as well.

    Scary how the web is getting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. I never heard of the website, so I decided to check it out. My cell phone # was listed. Which I don't want that shown. The rest of the info was correct. Thanks again for posting that info. Have a Happy Mother's Day. Charissa

    ReplyDelete