Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School

Our first day of school was today! Other than Kylie being slightly more distracting than I anticipated (she was just really excited), today probably went better than I expected. The boys did great the whole day (about 4 hours with a short break in the middle). Once Jaden said "I'm tired of sitting here" so I will need to make sure I let him roam. Today we talked about school and expectations, looked at all the school stuff, marked our calendars, talked about George Washington, reviewed a few sight words, did Language Arts, Spanish, Science, Math, Reading, Writing and Comprehension. Phew! Math, and kind of reading, were the only subjects that took more than a few minutes. I had Kylie eating her breakfast and watching Sesame Street while we did math and I think that worked really well. Kylie did about 8 (VERY SIMPLE) pages in her workbook, played a little in her room, and did some coloring. They said they liked it which is a good thing since we will be doing it from now on ;). The location of these pictures did not make for a great one - but here are their pictures. Kylie is technically not even old enough for what I refer to as "real preschool" so I call what she's doing pre-preschool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment