Friday, September 14, 2012

New Class

A local church offers MANY women's Bible studies on various days of the week. On Thursdays they have not only childcare, but a homeschool class that count as school for the homeschooler (though I don't have to worry about that in Kindergarten). It started up this last week. Kylie did not go to childcare since it was her birthday and she was out to breakfast with Jared. I took the boys to class and I could tell they were a tad nervous, though excited, but when they saw all the stuff in the room their eyes completely lit up. I was able to have a nice break and begin the "Beloved Disciple" study by Beth Moore which was great. I'm hoping to make some friends in that class. It is a huge class. We will see :). The boys LOVED their class. It is limited to 15 kids so I was concerned they might be the only boys or the youngest there by far. I wanted to do this class for a number of reasons but I really wanted them to be able to make some friends their age and do some more interacting in a class setting. I was very happy to see there are a total of 6 kindergarteners and 4 1st graders both boys and girls. I think it will be perfect for them! They made balloon animals themselves, studied flotation, began work on a memory verse, learned about faithfulness, and did a few other fun activities. I'm super excited about this for them - it's perfect for all of us! (Well... as long as Kylie loves it next week). It will last the entire year and we are looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment