Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas '07

We had a nice Christmas, especially since it was the boys first! My parents were in town and then on Christmas day Jared's entire family, including his uncle joined us for the entire day.
The boys had fun "opening" their gifts and having new things to play with.
On New Years day we put the boys new car seats in (still rear facing - boo!) and were planning on heading a couple hours south to pick something up. Rear facing carseats that go beyond being an infant are quite large and take up the whole back seat of our car PLUS the front seats have to be pulled up so far that Jared's knees are in the dashboard. Fortunately they can flip around in a couple months and it will be much better - I can't wait. Anyway, the carseats look quite comfy to me, but the boys have to sit up so much straighter in them. I don't think they mind too much (though it doesn't look very comfortable) except when they are trying to sleep. It doesn't work too well. I guess they'll just have to get used to it. Now when we go to a store we have to unstrap them from their seat and buckle them into the stroller. This is much more time consuming than just snapping their car seat in and out. Lots to get used to! After making a stop about half way down things were getting so ridiculous we just came home. I think we should have chosen a shorter outing as first time out in the new seats! :)
The other day Jaden decided to crawl over to me to get something from my lap. it was his first time and completely surprised me (though we knew it was coming). He's getting better at it and I'll be chasing him before too long.
Here's some Christmas pictures and a video of Jaden crawling a little!
BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment