Monday, October 6, 2008

Catch Up

We have had beautiful weather here in Blaine and I'm so thankful! It's definately Fall around here but we have still had sunshine.
The boys are growing too fast and love to communicate. I love it when they say a big long sentence to me that's all gibberish and expect me to understand. They are learning lots of words and like to repeat everything we say. Of course it's not clear English but it's obvious they're copying us. I love it! They are also working on two syllable words. The funniest thing is when we say a phrase and they "repeat" it. It always has the right number of syllables no matter how many there are, but it makes no sense. Sometimes they will say thankyou which is funny because it's not clear but it's two syllables and you know that's what they're saying. Here are some of their favorite or new things to say...
Metk - milk, Bit - blanket, pot - plant, muhhhhhhhnnnnnn - moon, cuck - truck, mamaine - airplane, cahcah - smoke stack (on a train), tix - kix (cereal), bus - brush, botk - book, jax - jackson, dahee - daddy, dadadadaaaaaar - guitar, sips - chips, gis - juice, sege - sausage, gugul - turtle, bur - bird, doah - no, tax - tracks (train), uto (Jackson uh oh), UUUUUHHHHHHOOOOOOOO (Jaden Uh oh)
When Jackson wants to read a book he picks one up and goes to the couch and pats it really hard and looks at you and says eh? eh? It's hillarious. I think he does this because I will pat the chair for him to sit next to me to read :)
They currently love trains, cars, airplanes and all animals. They don't often call an animal by it's name they just make the sound the animal makes. Sometimes those are pretty funny.
They know the sound that several letters make and Jackson recognizes O and E. Jaden thinks all letters are Os. I think if I work with them on their letters they'll pick them up pretty quickly.
They are getting good at feeding themselves with forks.
They are both completely obsessed with the moon. I have no idea why. When this began the moon would show up outside our front window. Now they think that is always where it is day or night. They beg to see it when it can't be seen. When they see it they are so excited they can't contain themselves. The other night we saw it driving home and when we got home we took them to look at it from the very front of our yard. However, you couldn't see it from any windows inside. When we got inside Jackson was running everywhere to all the windows flailing his arms, pointing and saying da mun? da mun? da mun? He was very disappointed that it could not be seen.
We took them to chucky cheese (sp?) this weekend and that was interesting :) They had fun though.
They can climb down the stairs though I don't completely trust them on their own yet.
They love shoes and jaden puts my shoes and Jared's shoes on and walks around the house.
One of their favorite things to do is watch a worship video (usually Hillsong) before bed. They dance and clap and raise their hands and Jackson is learning to clap on beat.
Jaden is going through a mommy phase and just recently started getting upset about going in the nursery (as Jackson always has) but they're both fine less then a minute after getting in.
They are good at picking up their toys and getting their chairs out for lunch.
They love to look at and read books. Their favorite book is goodnight moon for obvious reasons and second is their three train books. Jackson likes to look at a page and point to all the same objects (like all the wheels, all the flowers, all the steering wheels, all the clocks, etc) on a page and then find that object in the house or out the window and point to it.
They are learning to kick a soccer ball and Jaden is pretty good at it.
They love the pets and Bob is getting annoyed but can't hang out outside because it's starting to rain. Both boys have been scratched by Joey several times. It doesn't really upset them but they don't understand.
Jackson must clear his tray somehow when he doesn't want more food, if we do anything to Jaden we must do it to him and if we do something to one hand we must do it to the other. Jaden doesn't really care except when it comes to "fairness". When I get the boys up from the night or a nap Jackson wants to point to all the animals and letters in his room for me to tell him what they are.
When I do the laundry for some reason they know which clothes belong to each person of the family and like to tell me so.
They love babies.
There's probably more to update on but I can't think of it all. Here are a few pictures :)



4 comments:

  1. I can't WAIT to see the boys. They have changed so much with what they can say and do since I saw them in August. I'm gonna teach them the letters G-E-E-P when I get there! I'll think of them everytime I see the moon now.

    LOVE, Dad (Geep!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. They are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rachel for your sweet comment on my blog! I love reading your blog and seeing what you are up to in "twin world". Have a great day! love, Jen

    ReplyDelete