Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lots of Updates

So I drank a coffee tonight and that was dumb. It is now 2 in the morning and I'm wide awake. grrrrrrrr. I haven't gotten much sleep lately and i need to be somewhere tomorrow so this is lame. Oh well, I'll update here, though it may seem disjointed and then try again to go to sleep. This will be kind of random.
Clothes are annoying me. First of all I am not a size of pants. All pants are either too big or too small. I am an imaginary size and it's driving me crazy. Secondly, when the weather cooled off I realized I had one sweater and two long sleeve tshirts - but they were maternity shirts. I'm not sure how that happened but off to the store I went. I was able to get a bunch of clothes for a reasonable price so that made me happy. what makes me mad is that since having the boys i'm ALWAYS staining or tearing my shirts. I finally started using zout and that does a pretty good job of getting out stains but it doesn't save them all. Now, I do not buy expensive clothes so this is not the end of the world but they aren't free so it's making me mad!
We vote by mail in Washington and I think it's wierd that we're having to put on our own postage. It's certainly worth the price of a stamp to have the right to vote, I just think it's wierd because I'm pretty sure I remember in the past not having to put a stamp on it.
If you're in the area and want to see Jared's band play they will be leading worship at Word of Life Church in Lynden this Sunday (2nd) at 10am. I was going to give you the website for Jared's band but I can't find it. I'm thinking maybe it's not up yet.
This year instead of carving pumpkins we let the boys paint their own pumpkin. I got this great idea from Jenni (I know you love the links ;)) so check it out! Anyway, had I thought more carefully I would have chosen more colorful paint. I picked black and white since i thought we might do eyes and a mouth. Nope. Now we have gray pumpkins. The boys did these all on their own. The one where you can barely see eyes and a mouth we helped Jackson with (that part). They both seemed to have fun but at first Jackson seemed to wonder why we were messing up this perfectly good pumpkin. As a result he didn't do quite as much painting. Keep in mind, they're a year and a half people! The funniest part is that I left the pumpkins on the table for a few days after painting and one morning Jaden pulled out a kitchen chair, climbed in and pulled his pumpkin toward the edge. He grabbed a dry paint brush I had left on the table and began to "paint" his pumpkin. This actually occupied him for about 10 minutes which, for Jaden, is quite a while! Here are some pictures and a video....

As you can see, Jaden decided to paint daddy's face. Here are a few videos of the boys painting. In the last video Jaden decided to eat the paint. yuck.



We got a new toy bench and the boys like to stand in it.

And jump in it...

I accidentally caught Jaden on film climbing in his chair for the first time. I know, I know, most kids are doing this younger than this age. My boys aren't really climbers. They can climb and they like it when they do it, but they never think "hmmmm... I wonder if I can climb that" and I typically don't suggest it.


Ok, it's almost 3am. This is ridiculous. I hope I fall right to sleep!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait....I can't wait....I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gray pumpkins ROCK!!!

    at least you got all the goodies out to try it :)

    ReplyDelete