Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Random

In the middle of a bunch of busy weeks we have a slow week. But Jared is sick. This is lame except that at least he now has time to take a break (?)
On Tuesday I met some friends to take the boys swimming. However, I was at a traffic light and my car completely died. Some guy had to push me to a parking lot. The boys didn't care, so that was nice. Jared met me there and realized the car had "simply" overheated. So now it's getting repaired. Add that to the incredibly LONG list of car repairs this month. Anyway, after that ordeal I was terribly late to the pool but I went anyway and we ended up staying an hour! The pool was designed so that you entered on a slope, not a step, so the boys could choose how deep they wanted to go at any given moment. The second we stepped in the building jaden started screaming (we'd never been there before) and both boys were screaming as I paid. Fortunately I could skip the whole locker room thing because I had us all in our swimsuits with our clothes on top. The boys screamed as I got us down to our suits. They screamed as I took them to the water. I sat in the water and held on to both of them and they screamed for several minutes. Then they calmed down but hung on for dear life (keep in mind that at this point the water is maybe ankle deep) After a few minutes Shannon threw a ball to Jaden and he was willing to bend over and pick it up. Then he thought it was fun and started taking steps on his own to get the ball. The rest of the time he went in up to his waist and splashed and threw the ball and played with boats. He did go head under once and when Shannon pulled him up he looked TERRIFIED but I acted like all was well so he didn't end up crying but it definately freaked him out. Jackson had to hold on to me the whole time. We were in waist deep water (for them) and he'd sometimes think he wanted to go but it's different walking through water so he'd get wobbly then scared and come back to me. He had fun though. He splashed and sat in the water and threw the ball with Jaden. This is serious progress people! Now if I could only get them to like the bath.....they still think they're going to die.
Here is a video taken of the boys practicing their jumping....

Here are the boys looking at a book with dad and making animal noises...

And here's a picture of the family singing me happy birthday. As you can see Jackson is anxiously awating the cake on his tray and Jaden is crying. They know what candles are but I think Jaden was concerned because it looked like the cake was on fire :)

No comments:

Post a Comment