Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brief Update

I'm so behind. Sigh. Here are a few bits of info and a few pictures. I'd like to say and show more .... but.... take what you can get :)

The boys are so over having a nap. I'm not so happy about this and am trying to figure out how to implement a "quiet time" though they share a room - and exactly what that will look like. They come up with the funniest things to say. Hmmmm. Haven't written many of those down lately....

Kylie is great. her growth seems to have slowed down. I'm pretty sure she's getting more teeth based on how she's acting - but I can't seem to figure out for sure which ones. She loves holding all her toys and chewing her teethers. She rolled over the day and was really angry about it. She's done it several other times as a result of trying to get something. But she really isn't a fan. I've given her a few teething biscuits. I never did these with the boys because they seem so gross and messy and it's not something they need. With Kylie, she REALLY wants to be in on the action when we eat and often bores easily. This has been a good solution. However, she's still in the stage where she drops things all the time and these little crackers are too small for her to reach on the table - so that's kindof a pain when we give them to her. We'll probably start some baby food soon. She is willing to eat a little baby oatmeal and rice cereal - but she clearly doesn't like it. Jaden offered her his drink with a straw the other day when I wasn't looking. She totally went for it. I'm pretty sure she'll never take a bottle but maybe soon we can work just a little on sippy cups. Maybe then I can get a date without taking her along (this is getting harder to do) I've been in the habit of rocking her to sleep after I feed her. she shares a wall with the boys and keeps them up if she cries herself to sleep (we used to allow the boys to do this and it didn't last long) However, she goes to bed after the boys and it wakes them up. Anyway, these days she screams and cries when I rock her before bed. I think she doesn't want to be swaddled. If I don't swaddler her though she's not happy and keeps waking up crying. Sigh. she'll get used to it soon i guess.

We played the Wii for the first time as a family. The boys love it. We did bowling and sword fighting (or whatever it is called). The boys love those. Except they like to loose the sword fighting and fall in the water.

Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment