Monday, March 29, 2010

Getting Better

Well, Jaden is still on the couch today but at least he's eating. I did call the dr today (I never do this) and based on his improvements they said they don't need to see him (yay!) So glad he's eating! Meanwhile, Kylie looks on. I think she's changing her schedule so she was crying ALL morning. Jaden was NOT doing well first thing this morning and poor Jackson - he's just getting bored. So Jared came home part way through the day and is out with Jackson. I can tell Jaden is disappointed Jackson is going out so much by himself with Jared though he doesn't really say anything about it. So I try to make him feel special being here with me and Jared promised him that when he's better he'd take him out to do something fun.

Kylie is doing so much better with sleeping. It used to be i'd feed her around 9 and then rock her to sleep which took until between 9:30 and 10:30. I didn't used to rock the boys to sleep but since the boys are already asleep when I'd put Kylie down I didn't want to let her cry to sleep because I didn't want them to wake up. Recently she apparently decided she does NOT want to be rocked to sleep. The first night just putting her in her crib didn't go so well - took a while but she slept after that. But the past couple nights she'd gone down with barely a whimper. She still likes to be swaddled (though it's all apart in the morning) and I play lullabies for her as she falls asleep on a cd player. Music really helps distract her. Then she'll sleep almost always until between 7:30 and 8:30. She was skipping a morning nap for a while and taking a long afternoon one. Today, however, she took a LONG morning nap so we'll see what happens this afternoon.
I planned to hang out pretty much all day in the bathroom today for potty training (and all this week) since I don't have any plans during the day. But Jackson isn't here and jaden is sick. So I think tomorrow (and probably the rest of the week) I'll ONLY do Jackson (he needs the most work with this anyway) and then focus on Jaden mostly next week. Hoping for further progress!

1 comment: